Embarking on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2019 promises an unforgettable vacation filled with luxurious amenities, exhilarating activities, and delectable culinary experiences. Fortunately, cunning travelers have discovered ingenious methods to sneak their favorite spirits onboard, allowing for a spirited voyage at a fraction of the cost. By employing disguised flasks cleverly hidden within innocuous items such as shampoo, conditioner, and fake sun creams, individuals can successfully avoid raising any suspicion while ensuring a delightful supplement to their cruise experience. Another popular option is the utilization of rum runners, specially designed bags that seamlessly conceal alcoholic beverages within one's luggage. So, for those hoping to add an extra dash of indulgence to their cruising escapades, this guide will provide valuable insights and tips on how to successfully maneuver through Royal Caribbean's alcohol restrictions and enjoy a surreptitious libation or two.
Do Cruise Ships Confiscate Alcohol?
Cruise ships have strict policies when it comes to alcohol consumption, and they certainly don’t condone underage passengers attempting to sneak alcohol on board. If you’re caught with alcohol that you aren’t supposed to have, it will be confiscated, regardless of your age. However, there are some measures that can be taken if you still want to have a few drinks on your cruise.
One option is to purchase a beverage package directly from the cruise line. These packages allow you to enjoy a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout your trip at a fixed price. While this may be a bit more expensive, it provides a convenient and legitimate way to enjoy your favorite drinks on board.
Another option is to mix your own drinks in your stateroom. Many cruise lines allow passengers to bring a limited amount of wine or champagne on board, usually one or two bottles per cabin. You can make use of this allowance by bringing your preferred spirits in these specially designed plastic bottles that can easily fit in your luggage without raising suspicion.
If you do decide to try and sneak alcohol on board, it’s important to be discreet. Avoid bringing anything that would easily be detected by security checkpoints, such as obvious bottles or containers. Instead, you can transfer the alcohol into more inconspicuous containers, such as empty water bottles or soda cans that have been resealed.
It’s worth noting that cruise lines take their alcohol policies seriously. If you’re caught violating these policies, you may face consequences beyond just having your alcohol confiscated. Cruise lines have the right to disembark passengers who disregard their rules, and this can result in being dropped off at the next port of call, thus ruining your entire vacation.
While it’s possible to sneak alcohol on a cruise ship, it isn’t recommended due to the potential consequences. It’s always best to abide by the rules and enjoy your beverages through legitimate means, such as purchasing a beverage package or making use of the allowance for wine or champagne. This way, you can have a memorable and enjoyable cruise without any unnecessary complications.
Guidelines and Restrictions for Bringing Wine or Champagne on a Cruise Ship
- Check the cruise line’s alcohol policy before packing any wine or champagne.
- Most cruise lines allow passengers to bring a limited amount of wine or champagne onboard.
- Typically, a couple of bottles per stateroom are allowed.
- Make sure the bottles are unopened and carried in your carry-on luggage.
- Some cruise lines charge a corkage fee if you wish to consume the wine in public areas or restaurants.
- If you plan to enjoy the wine in your stateroom, there’s usually no corkage fee.
- Consider packing a corkscrew or wine opener if you plan to bring your own wine.
- Remember, any wine or champagne purchased onboard the ship will be subject to a markup fee.
- It’s always a good idea to double-check the cruise line’s alcohol policy as each one may have specific restrictions.
- Some cruise lines prohibit bringing any kind of alcohol, including wine or champagne, onboard.
- In such cases, any alcohol found during the luggage screening process may be confiscated.
- If you’re unsure about the rules, it’s best to contact the cruise line directly for clarification.
In conclusion, successfully sneaking alcohol on a Royal Caribbean Cruise in 2019 requires some creativity and resourcefulness. While the cruise line limits guests to just one bottle of wine, savvy individuals have found ways to use this bottle as an ingenious method of smuggling liquor onboard. Rum runners, a popular choice among seasoned cruisers, offer a more traditional option for sneaking a substantial amount of liquor onto the ship undetected. With these tips and tricks at hand, guests can ensure a more enjoyable and cost-effective cruise experience, all while evading the limitations set by the Royal Caribbean policy.